Situated at the confines of family law, real estate law, company law and asset management, and benefitting from the most favourable taxation in the world, patronage is at the heart of a notary’s business and can be used to give meaning to your assets.
When asked to set up the projects close to your heart, we can help you to:
SUPPORT EXISTING WORKS
by means of relevant, bespoke donations (temporary donations, set-term usufruct donations, bare ownership donations, gradual or residual donations, alternative or optional donations, legacies net of costs and duties…). Our firm can help you to define the organisation most apt to receive your generosity and to draft the documents that will best guarantee that your will is respected.
CREATE YOUR OWN PHILANTHROPIC STRUCTURE:
association, foundation recognised as being of public utility, sheltered foundation, endowment fund, we can help you choose and set up the mechanism best suited to your requirements.
DONATIONS BY PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS
1. 66% reduction of income tax on the amount of the gift, up to a limit of 20% of taxable income.
2. Reduction of IFI (tax on real property fortune) by 75% of the gift made, up to a limit of €50,000 (TEPA law).
3. Article 788 III provides for an allowance on the net share of the inheritance assets of any heir, recipient or legatee.
4. Set-term donation of usufruct gives the right to a reduction of the IFI tax base.
5. Article 885 G of the General Tax Code allows for deduction from the taxable IFI act of the value of bare ownership of property given with reserve of usufruct.
DONATIONS BY COMPANIES
1. Patronage: reduction of company tax by 60% of the amount of the donation, up to a limit of 0.5% of pre-tax turnover.
2. Sponsorship: sponsorship costs can be included in the company’s general running expenses.
DID YOU KNOW?
Are you a company manager or shareholder?
Do you have no direct heirs but want to give to friends or distant relatives?
Is your heir a child or a vulnerable adult?
Does your estate enable you to consider bequests outside the family?
Patronage offers innovative tools that allow you to meet your heritage objectives, combining them with your generosity.
Founded in 1577 our firm has worked on the creation of numerous institutions, and has been able to design the relevant assistance for each of them.
• Our firm is in a position to work with you on creating your own philanthropic structure: association, foundation recognised as being of public utility, sheltered foundation, endowment fund, we can work with you on choosing and setting up the mechanism closest to your requirements.
• Internal procedures, powers of attorney, legal and tax advice, we act as your everyday interlocutor.
• We work with shelter structures in the development of their activity as shelter funds under aegis and we can set up the necessary procedures and draft notarised agreements, as required by the Cour de Cassation.
• We are also on hand for the management, negotiation or transfer of your real estate assets and inheritance or to represent you for bequest files.
• We can also work with you in your relations with your patrons and manage the drafting and conservation of their provisions in your favour.
ARTISTS AND COLLECTORS
Our firm is located in the heart of Saint Germain des Prés, a focus of Parisian cultural life of international renown. Because of our proximity with art galleries, antique dealers and the neighbouring institutions, we enjoy wide-ranging and long experience of working alongside artists and collectors.
In this context we are able to:
ADVISE ARTISTS IN EVERY ASPECT OF THEIR PERSONAL OR PROFESSIONAL LIFE
• Drafting of marriage contracts and preparation of inheritance.
• Establishment of contracts of sale, brokerage, reproduction or representation.
• Authentication of the creative process and issue of a notarised certificate of authenticity.
ENSURING THAT ALL ART OR ITEMS IN COLLECTIONS BELONGING TO OUR CLIENTS ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT:
• Drafting of marriage contracts taking account of these assets.
• Performance of inventories.
• Possibility of selling works of art by notarised deed in absolute confidentiality.
• Preparation of inheritance, transmission of collection, anticipation of the payment of inheritance tax.
Legacies and Donations – Philanthropy at the service of cultural heritage, in Le Guide des Associations & Fondations – Les Guides de la Semaine Juridique n°2/2019 – édition 2020
Philanthropy has become a business project, interview in L’annuaire officiel du Notariat
Interviews Ecorama – Boursorama (2015-2017) :
“The Foundation: reserved for the rich?”
“Heritage: a poisoned gift? “
“Reduce taxes with the temporary gift of usufruct.”
“How to make sense of one’s heritage?” – Charity event organised by ARCO to support the Institut Curie, Chambre des Notaires de Paris, January 2020.